Mavado Opens Up About His Son’s Conviction And Claims Of “Corruption”

Mavado Still #1 in Jamaica | yardhype.comDancehall artist Mavado has broken his silence on Dantay Brooks’ murder conviction last week, complaining that his teenaged son and co-accused Andre Hines were unfairly treated.

In a statement posted to Instagram on Wednesday, the singer first expressed “gratitude to all the fans, friends and family who said positive and encouraging words throughout this terrible time.”

“Corruption corruption corruption Jah know star!” Mavado declared as he rained criticism down on the Jamaica Constabulary Force’s handling of the case, and the testimony of the main witness during the 12-day trial which was presided over by Justice Leighton Pusey.

Mavado and son Dantay Brooks

“Some ppl are so f–king wicked how could a man change his statement over 4 times, even went on the stand and said that the police alter his statement,” he said.  “The police came to my home and took my son from my house in Norbrook, lock up 5 other family members for no reason, which resulted in two of my family members losing their jobs because they were in jail for days without any charges.”

“This man also went on the stand and said that these same police officers who carried out the arrest of my son & my family from my home are working for me and he feared his life,” Mavado added.

“The same man who claim he feared his life, still gave over 14 pages of statements? The inconsistencies inna this man statement only shed light on the corruption.”

Mavado steering clear of Jamaica - Caribbean NewsThe young Brooks and co-accused Andre Hines, 23, face the possibility of life sentences in prison after they were found guilty for the 2018 murder of Lorenzo Thomas in the St Andrew community of Cassava Piece on January 27.  Brooks and Hines were also found guilty of illegal possession of firearms and arson.

Prosecutors in the case had relied on the eyewitness testimony of Thomas’ father, who indicated that he knew his son’s killers from the community.

They will be sentenced on March 10th.

In his statement today, the Hope and Pray singer, whose real name is David Constantine Brooks, also promised “to fight for the lives of these two innocent youths.” 

“It’s like my son was found guilty before trial, but I’m going to point out everything and the injustice one day at a time,” he said.

Mavado allegedly Planning to Hire Vybz Kartel's Top Lawyers for his son |  yardhype.comAttorney-at-law Peter Champagnie has hinted that the legal team will request a review of the matter in the Jamaican Court of Appeal after sentencing.

“The defense team is obviously disappointed in the decision, however, I hasten to add that the ruling of a Court must always be respected. This does not take away from a person’s right to appeal. Having said that, we are of the view that the verdict is one that could benefit a review by way of an appeal,” Champagnie told DancehallMag last week.

Source: Mavado Breaks Silence On His Son’s Murder Conviction: “Corruption!” – DancehallMag

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*